Middleton Lakes is a tranquil area of wetlands, meadows, and woodland. Several kilometres of trails are home to a variety of rich habitats which are alive with a variety of birds, including grey herons, kingfishers and lapwings. There is always something new to encounter!
Join us for a guided tour with our warden Jake, who will take you around the heart of our wonderful site. You’ll discover how people have created this landscape, witness our varied seasonal wildlife highlights and get an exclusive into the inner running of the site.
Pre-booking is required for attendance.
· Upon arrival, please make your way to the Hub which is located next to the RSPB car park
· Please wear weather appropriate clothing
· The walk will take approximately 2 hours, please let us know if you have access requirements
· Please note that the nearest toilet is located at Middleton Hall Courtyard.
· This event is not suitable for dogs
· Older children welcome but must be accompanied by a full paying adult
Parking is £3 for non-members
Photo credit: RSPB images