Tiger beetles? Ruby Tailed Wasps? Leopard slugs? Zebra spiders? What will you discover on a Bug Safari at The Lodge Reserve and Gardens?
Perfect for kids between 4-11, the Bug Safaris will help teach your kids how to find creepy crawlies and identify them. Led by a team of enthusiastic volunteers, kids will revel in trying out new techniques to discover a hidden world of tiny delights.
We have multiple dates for you to join us on, please make sure you book in advance. Tickets are not available anywhere other than online.
We will meet in the picnic area to start the event.
- Each child, or group of children, must be accompanied by an adult
- Children under 4 are free, but the activity is not necessarily suitable for them (no buggies please)
- We will be going off trail for this activity – anyone with any mobility issues is suggested to contact firstname.lastname@example.org before purchasing any tickets
- Please bring and wear appropriate clothing and supplies e.g. sun-cream, hats, sensible shoes and raincoats!
- Fizzy drinks and sweets are delicious, but they attract more insects than we want! Please stick to water!
Parking is free with purchase of a ticket.
Photo courtesy of Betty Cooke.